Le Campane
Borgo La Croce 85/87r
50121 Firenze
Tel. 055 2341101

Prezzo: 18.20 Euro
2 Pizza Margherita
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina

ANNIE: 4/10
This was a trick pizza if there ever was one!
When it came to the table, the smell and color didn't scream "fresh". (As any pizza hobbyist knows, a lot can be said about the quality of the sauce by its shade of orange-red.) Despite its looks (which were almost as dull as the hotel breakfast-room decor), there was something that hit the spot with this pizza. Sure, there was the tired burnt-taste that finds me in many a pizzeria, and the usual basil leaf was missing - but a quarter into our pizzas, both fabio and I agreed on their surprising goodness, and that the mozzarella wasn't too bad. However, and this is where the trick comes full circle, the last quarter of the pizza, which could best be described as a cool puddle of tomatoes atop soggy bread, remained on my dish, as I could not bring myself to eat another bite without getting sick. I am generously giving 4 out of 10 pizzas, thanks only to the trick factor.

FABIO: 6/10
"Diciamolo pure: la nostra pizza è tra le migliori di Firenze.": così esordisce il sito internet della pizzeria le campane descrivendo il proprio menù... di fronte a tanto coraggio ho creduto giusto dargli una possibilità. Il locale è molto carino, sul nuovo, servizio veloce e gentile. Prezzi medio-bassi. La pizza: crosta alta e morbida, quindi positivo, pasta che si scioglie in bocca. Gli ingredienti non di altissima qualità, ma passabili. E' strano a dirsi, ma finchè la pizza era calda era da 7, quando ha iniziato a intiepidirsi gli ingredienti hanno cambiato sapore diventando insipidi e gommosi, da 5. Quindi il mio voto è 6 pizze... però da riprovare per appurare questo strano fenomeno condiviso anche dalla mia collega. ma...

No comments: