Tuesday, January 5, 2010

La Smorfia Taverna Contemporanea


La Smorfia
Viale Raffaello Sanzio, 6/A
50124 Firenze
Tel. 055 2298587

Prezzo: 18 Euro
2 Pizza Margherita
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina



ANNIE: 3/10
As an American, I can eat just about any kind of pizza here in Italy and say it's good. Tonight was a different story. Fabio says to understand if a pizzaiolo really knows his stuff, you have to order the most basic of pizzas: the Margherita. Some days I agree with him on this, but I also appreciate a pizzeria that gives me some options. At La Smorfia, the alternatives were so that I went with Fabio and took the Margherita, the safest bet. The pizza arrived. I cut into my pizza, and as I lifted my fork I said, "I don't have much hope"; it was something about the consistency of the crust. No false prejudice here: although the tomato sauce tasted fresh, there was way too much of it. And then, my crust had that faint flavor of burnt that I just don't like at all. Hence, La Smorfia (which means "grimace") lived up to its name and earned itself 3 out of 10 pizzas. That being said, the other patrons seemed to be enjoying their non-pizza entrees, and the atmosphere was light and cheery, friendly and clean.

FABIO: 6/10
Incuriosito dal nome (Smorfia) e da tutto quello che di napoletano evoca, con curiosità ho ordinato la mia solita Margherita per assaporare ogni singolo ingrediente. Il tavolo prenotato era subito pronto e il personale molto gentile e simpatico, con modi molto napoletani...dopo aver aspettato (un pò troppo...), ecco la pizza. Si presenta molto bene: alta al punto giusto, un pomodoro di un bel rosso (e questo mi insospettisce) e una mozzarella apparentemente buona con l'unico difetto di essere poca. Primo boccone e...mozzarella discreta, anche se non con un sapore freschissimo, la pasta sufficientemente morbida e leggera, ma un pomodoro con un sapore troppo forte, più adatto a condirci la pasta che non una pizza! Quindi il risultato complessivo è abbastanza buono, siamo sulla buona strada, ma non si sente grande qualità negli ingredienti. Il prezzo è economico rispetto ad altre pizzerie. Voto finale: 6 pizze.

No comments: