Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rugby Pub


""""""Rugby Pub
Viale Pasquale Paoli, 21
50137 Firenze
Tel. 055 572586

Prezzo: Groupon 9 Euro
1 Pizza Toto
1 Pizza Quattro Stagioni
2 Coca-Cola alla Spina


ANNIE: 7.5/10
If I would have known about this place before, I guarantee this would have been my thousandth time there instead of just my first! A look from the outside told me this "pub" was a sort of rugby clubhouse/community center under a permanent tent with maybe two options of microwave pizza. But when you go in...everything is wooden: the bar, the booths, there's outdoor seating and there's definitely the pub feel...with anything but your usual bar food (and a long list of oven-fired pizzas to choose from too!). The hamburgers that passed by our table were about as big as my face, and the French fries were straight out of Anytown, USA. And look at my pizza! That's a beautiful pizza! My Toto had several balls of bufala and a large crust stuffed with ricotta cheese. Delicious!...even if all that cheese started to get to me. The tomato sauce was the only weak point...maybe it needed a pinch more salt. I'll go back in a heart beat, if not for the pizza, for the hamburgers! I love Rugby Pub!

FABIO: 6.5/10
Non dovrebbero chiamare un posto dove c'è anche il forno a legna "pub", se no si è prevenuti. Non ci sarei mai andato per mangiare la pizza se non avessi avuto un coupon, ed è stata una piacevole sorpresa. La mozzarella è molto buona, cade sulla base a bocconcini, non a strato; la pasta è più sul basso, ma non eccessivamente; il punto debole è il pomodoro, non ha un buon sapore. Considerato che il locale è carino e in una zona, lo stadio, dove di pizzerie decenti ce ne sono poche, è da consigliare, anche se il mio commento positivo è più per lo scetticismo iniziale che per un valore assoluto della pizza.

No comments: