Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pizza Man - Via del Sansovino


""""""Pizza Man
Via del Sansovino, 191
50142 Firenze
Tel. 055 712738

Prezzo: 20 Euro
2 Pizza Margherita
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina



ANNIE: 3/10
I don't know if the 3 out 10 pizzas vote is due to my fond memories of the Pizza Man of yore or if my latest experience actually merited that high of a score. How sad...and how disgusting. Once the only place I thought of when I wanted a good pizza, and now a place I frequent with preoccupation of the aftermath. This was my first visit to the Sansovino location, and it was far from a pleasant one. The mozzarella was so thick and gummy that I found myself hoping at least someone in the restaurant had been trained in the Heimlich maneuver. The tomato sauce was obviously not fresh (and how could it be? With now seven locations, plus one in Prato, gone is the way of home-cooking with the best of ingredients...), and the crust was thick and tasteless. The worst part was the over-powering taste of parmesan. Not to mention the little appetizer dough balls with which I used to look forward to curbing my hunger are now nothing but cold bites of mediocre. All I know is I left feeling quite nauseous, and I'm reluctant to return.

FABIO: 6/10
La pizza di Pizza Man inganna: la vedi e te ne innamori, con i suoi colori accesi, la mozzarella che sembra appena sbriciolata sopra, la crosta gonfia al punto giusto. Poi il discorso della poca scelta di pizze per non perdere il sapore originale, l'ambiente giovane e alla mano, insomma, ha tutto. Poi invece esci con un senso di nausea...non so da che cosa dipenda esattamente, sicuramente il pomodoro ha qualcosa di strano, c'è poi troppo olio, la pasta diventa subito gommosa. Qui la mozzarella mi è sembrata buona. Rispetto ad altri Pizza Man un gradino sotto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sono andato 3 volte da pizzaman in via del sansovino la prima volta (di sabato) venni rapito dal pomodoro che era buonissimo una cosa indescrivibile, le due successive volte no non era cattivo ma era pomodoro, il resto era normale, e sicuramente la nomea che ha pizzaman non ha trovato in me il riscontro positivo che dicono.

M.