Tuesday, January 25, 2011

La Porta Verde


""""""La Porta Verde
Via Antonio D'Orso, 7r
50135 Firenze
Tel. 055 606345

Prezzo: 22.50 Euro
1 Pizza Margherita, 1 Pizza Contadina (Funghi/Salsiccia)
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina

ANNIE: 7/10
I might have given La Porta Verde a higher vote just because I like the "birreria" atmosphere, but the pizza wasn't bad - and you don't have to be drinking for it to taste good! You can order a thick or a thin crust; I got the crunchy and Fabio went with the chewy. And, tired of my usual Margherita, I asked for the Contadina, and was quite pleased. Instead of the large hunks of dubiously pink meat, the sausage (and the mushrooms) on my pizza were, I could say, finely diced, and my pizza looked rather appetizing when it arrived. Fabio's Margherita, on the other hand, had the burnt-cheese, greasy look of Pizza Hut. There were a few dark spots on the crust, but the crunchiness was perfect and the flavor...delicious! We have to keep in mind, of course, that extra toppings have the potential to mask the quality of the basics: the crust, the sauce and the mozzarella. This could explain the discrepancy between my vote and Fabio's. I can say, though, that I wasn't disappointed at all!

FABIO: 3.5/10
Una buona notizia per i viaggiatori! Pizza Hut è a Firenze! La storica catena di "pizza" famosa in America e in Europa non aveva mai avuto il coraggio di aprire in Italia, ma a Firenze non ci facciamo mancare niente! I colori sono gli stessi, con il formaggio (chissà se è mozzarella) con le tipiche bruciature sopra a macchiette, il sapore generale di qualcosa impregnato di olio, la crosta biscottata. Il pomodoro invece mi è parso di buona qualità. No, dai è meglio di pizza hut, ma quella non si può definire pizza.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ma da rocco e i suoi fratelli in piazza ravenna ci siete mai stati?? io ieri sera e sono rimasta in dubbio .... fatemi sapere !!! ciao!!

Appuntamento Pizza said...

ANNIE:
Hey Anonymous,

Thanks to you, we reviewed Rocco's this week - February 8, 2011. I was also left a bit confused by their pizza, but the atmosphere is cozy and the options are plenty! Thanks for the comment!