Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rocco E I Suoi Fratelli


""""""Rocco E I Suoi Fratelli
Piazza Ravenna, 10
50126 Firenze
Tel. 055 685802

Prezzo: 29 Euro
1 Pizza Margherita, 1 Pizza Vegetariana
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina


ANNIE: 7/10
This was my second visit to Rocco's, and like before, it was packed - which is usually an indicator of good eats. And they are, but a little pricey if you ask me. Fabio got the Margherita (with a thick crust for 2 euros extra) for 9 euros, while my thin crust Vegetariana (with eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, black olives, artichokes and potatoes) was a whopping 12 euros! That might have been fine if I had gotten what I paid for, but the pizzas were super smallish AND I have serious doubts that there was potato on my pizza...and loyal readers know how much I cherish potatoes on pizza. If you promise it, it had better be there!!! And, it could have been the combination of eggplant and artichokes, but there were bites of my pizza that tasted very fishy! Ewww! I wondered if they had maybe thrown some on by accident. That said, the crust and the mozzarella were good, and it was a satisfying pizza overall.

FABIO: 6.5/10
Ambiente molto accogliente, informale, in cui ci si da del tu. La pizza l'ho scelta a doppia pasta e aveva il difetto tipico di quando si può scegliere, cioè la fanno a doppia pasta in senso letterale: ci si ritrova una pizza alta sia nella crosta che nella base, tipo schiacciata, mentre, secondo me, la crosta dovrebbe essere alta ma leggera, che si sciolga in bocca e la base non troppo pastosa. La mozzarella mi è piaciuta, si sentiva che era fresca, il pomodoro meno, ma comunque non male. Cosa strana in alcuni punti c'èra troppo sale in altri meno. E poi è uno spettacolo vedere il proprietario che è il sosia di Al Pacino!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VI HO INCURIOSITO ALLORA VISTO CHE L'AVETE PROVATA.... BENE BENE.... IL GIUDIZIO E' SIMILE AL MIO.....