Tuesday, November 27, 2012

La Beppa Fioraia


""""""La Beppa Fioraia
Via dell'Erta Canina, 6r
50125 Firenze
Tel. 055 2347681

Prezzo: 24.50 Euro
1 Pizza Margherita
1 Pizza Ventino
2 Coca-Cola in Lattina


ANNIE: 5/10
La Beppa Fioraia, right outside the Porta San Niccolò, is a colorful, two-storied restaurant with a glassed-in, greenhouse-type feel, reflective of its name. This place is always crowded, but I think its more for the atmosphere than for the food. I got the Ventino which is basically a margherita with cime di rapa and sausage. As far as I can understand, cime di rapa and friarielli are actually the same 'wild broccoli vegetable that grows in the woods' with a texture and taste more like that of vinegarized spinach. But this time (unlike when we were eating the pizzas from Antica Friggitoria beside the Arno, in the dark) I could just barely make out the little bronchial sacs of the so-called broccoli, but it was like a blond hair in your pizza cheese...difficult to know if you've spotted one for sure. And speaking of the cheese, it tasted like a mix of mozzarella and swiss. Yuck! So, I've concluded that I really don't like cime di rapa/friarielli no matter which name it is given, and I especially don't care for it on top of swiss cheese, and even though it may carry health hazards, I prefer the pink sausage on my pizza as opposed to the fully-cooked, dog food-looking brown one that the Ventino had. A shame! I really wanted to like the pizza here because I certainly like the place!

FABIO: 4/10
Mi sa che la pizza non è la specialità della casa, visto che è un locale famoso e sempre pieno. La mia margherita era modello fine con ingredienti che non mi sono piaciuti, mozzarella in primis; si, proprio la mozzarella, che nella margherita dovrebbe far fare il salto di qualità, qui è gommosa, a strato uniforme e il sapore non è buono. Il pomodoro è abbastanza accettabile, ma niente di che. Insomma, è una pizza noiosa, rispecchia quello che è diventata quella stradina con la chiusura del mitico Jaragua davanti, non c'è più nell'aria quell'adrenalina di una volta!

No comments: